- Research groups
- Polymerization Processes Group
- Group in Science and Engineering of Polymeric Biomaterials
- Hybrid Materials for Energy Group
- Theory and Simulations Group
- Polymer Physics and Advanced Manufacturing Group
- NanoBioSeparations Group
- Molecular and Supramolecular Materials Group
- Catalysis and Sustainable Polymers
- Innovative Polymers Group
- Responsive Polymer Therapeutics Group
Hybrid Materials for Energy Group
Crude oil and petroleum products have the highest share of energy consumption in the EU. Guided by the needs for the implementation of renewable energy and electric transportation, the research towards photovoltaic cells as an essential source of renewable energy, and better batteries as an energy storage technology have been booming in the past decades. Our activities in the HME group are oriented towards the achievement of highly efficient optoelectronic devices as well as suitable energy storage systems.
Concerning perovskite solar cells, our research activities have been concentrated on the incorporation of Polymeric or Oligomeric Organic Materials as HTMs/ETMs in Perovskite Solar Cells (Macromolecules 2019; Chem. Eur. J. 2018; Org. Lett. 2019; ChemSusChem 2018). We have also studied the incorporation of small molecules in PSCs, as HTMs/ETMs or additives (ChemSusChem 2016; Adv. Energy Mater. 2018). These results have been reviewed in the following articles:Macromolecules 2021; Adv. Energy Mater. 2017 (1) and Adv. Energy Mater. 2017 (2).
Concerning energy storage, our activities are focused on the development and characterization of novel solid hybrid and nanostructured block copolymer electrolytes for solid-state batteries and supercapacitors.