- Polymerization Processes Group
- Group in Science and Engineering of Polymeric Biomaterials
- Hybrid Materials for Photovoltaics Group
- Theory and Simulations Group
- Advanced Multiphasic Polymers (AMP) Group
- NanoBioSeparations Group
- Molecular and Supramolecular Materials Group
- Innovative Polymers Group
- Grupo terapéutico de polímeros sensibles
Molecular and Supramolecular Materials Group
Well-defined π-conjugated aromatic molecules and polymers play an important role in different fields ranging from synthetic and supramolecular chemistry to materials science. Their chemical structure and extended conjugation provides specific optoelectronic properties and facilitate control over intermolecular organization, giving rise to functional properties (low band gap, high charge carrier mobility).
Our group aims to design new conjugated organic materials and nanostructures by developing tools that allows controlling their properties at the molecular and supramolecular level. The synthetic work is complemented by optoelectronic characterisation by means of a wide variety of techniques available in our laboratory and at POLYMAT. Our research work spans over different disciplines and is strengthened by collaborations with different groups over the world.
- Synthesis of low-dimensional (1D and 2D) oligomeric and polymeric materials constituted of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Supramolecular chemistry and self-assembly focused on the preparation of molecular scale-devices and hybrid nanostructures.
-Design and synthesis of organic semiconductors for electronic and energy applications.