- Polymerization Processes Group
- Group in Science and Engineering of Polymeric Biomaterials
- Hybrid Materials for Photovoltaics Group
- Theory and Simulations Group
- Advanced Multiphasic Polymers (AMP) Group
- NanoBioSeparations Group
- Molecular and Supramolecular Materials Group
- Innovative Polymers Group
- Responsive Polymer Therapeutics Group
Responsive Polymer Therapeutics Group
Welcome to the research group website of Prof. Dr. Marcelo Calderón!
The research interest of our group deals with the development of novel polymer therapeutic concepts. We use responsive dendritic systems and nanogels as smart polymeric systems for the improvement of the therapeutic index of drugs. Our main areas of research are: (1) multifunctional polymer-drug conjugates, (2) self-assembling amphiphiles for the controlled delivery of bioactives, (3) new diagnostic technologies as theranostic approaches, and (4) environment-responsive nanogels.
Our work is mainly focused on polymer and organic chemistry that is supported by our strong international collaboration network involving biochemists, biologists, medical doctors, etc. with knowledge in areas as gene therapy, cancer therapeutics, topical applications, amongst others.
Social media: Twitter